Satisfactory’s ‘End of June’ update recently launched in experimental mode, and it already has a new patch. If you missed our take on that update, you can read our patch notes post here.
Read on for those patch notes, then see our take on it, below.
- Added voice over and ADA lines for Tier 7
- Added the mesh for the Heat Sink & Radio Control Unit
- Changed several Conveyor Belt speeds:
- Mk.4 450 to 480 items per minute
- Mk.5 660 to 780 items per minute
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Mergers and Splitters are now stackable on even ground (this change might have already been in the last weeks Experimental update…)
- Fixed the Filter crashes
- Changing the Network Quality setting now requires a reload of the save or returning to the main menu before taking effect (this is to mitigate some issues and crashes related to changing Network Quality runtime)
- Fixed a bug with visual compensation on Conveyor Belts
- Fixed a fall damage crash
- Fixed the item duping bug related to Storages
- Made sure all dismantle refunds are shown for clients when dismantling
- Potentially fixed the take damage crash
- Fixed the inventory notifications getting stuck on screen when picking up items
- Fixed the collision of the Willow Tree
- Adjusted the Conveyor Lift building clearance to build downwards more easily
- Changed Sending/Receiving in Truck Stations back to Unloading/Loading for clarity
- Fixed the collision setting on Spore Flowers so they no longer block interactions ad projectiles in their radius (or anything else for that matter)
- Potentially fixed the Nobelisk Detonator crash
- Removed some cubes that invaded the level. First sign of intelligent alien life? Nah, just a bug.
- Fixed a crash related to Fuel Generators
- Fixed a crash related to firing ammunition
- Fixed a crash in the Replication Graph
- Fixed generator fuel not showing up on client
- Fixed Vehicle Inventories not being replicated to the client
- Space Elevator now locks after the Tier 7&8 unlock
- Inventory slots now anchor to the top left again when dragged. Sometimes you try stuff and it just doesn’t work out like you think it would.
- Post processing and fog pass over the Swamp
- Post processing and fog pass over the Bamboo Fields
- Post processing and fog pass over the Red Jungle
- Made some Red Jungle terrain tweaks
- Overhauled part of the visuals in Bamboo Fields some more
- Did a gameplay pass for the Red Jungle
- Added the Elite Stinger (spider-like creature) to the Red Jungle
- Optimised the green “Snakelegs” Tree (primarily used in the northern parts of Grass Fields
- Reverted a draw call optimisation we tried out, since it resulted in reduced FPS in factories
- Implemented some minor ways of offloading initial client load times
Our Review of This Patch
Most notably, the Mk. 4 and Mk. 5 Conveyor Belts can transfer slightly more materials per minute, especially the Mk. 5. Have fun re-planning all of your load balancing! That’s why these experimental updates come with the disclaimer that they are subject to complete change. So just keep that in mind.
While it was not in last week’s patch notes, it is mentioned in these notes that Splitters and Mergers are now stackable. Players already noticed this from last week, and it has been awesome!
There are also plenty of great bug and crash fixes, so if you suffer from any of the issues above, good news!
If you don’t like the looks of the Elite Stinger, you should also avoid the Red Jungle, now. Trust me. You don’t want that.
Let us know in the comments what you think about this patch, and the current version of experimental mode in general!